It’s all good but when CMC?

The million dollar question is wenCMC? I want to see my $ value in my wallet. I want a pump ser.

3 Likes

Thanks for the question CesarG! It’s our favorite :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

As to your return, I’m sure you’re aware that digital assets are incredibly volatile, risky, and speculative, and you can lose some or all of your investment. If you’re looking for a guaranteed rate of return, the US I-Bond is currently paying 9.62%. We will also create some form of speculation category for those who would like to talk about price action and other topics that the team will categorically not discuss :wink:

As for CMC Listings, a bit of education is first for those unfamiliar. CMC or CoinMarketCap - is the primary listing/price service for all cryptocurrencies. CMC is owned by “Binance Capital Group” - but of course they are careful to say “CoinMarketCap and Binance are separate entities that maintain a strict policy of independence from one another: Binance has no bearing on CoinMarketCap rankings, while CoinMarketCap has no influence over Binance’s operations.”

If you believe this, I have a bridge for sale in Brooklyn.

We’ve been going back and forth. And back and forth. And again, with BSCScan.com - to get the information updated (Social profiles, market cap, etc.). Let me say - the DMV is a breeze compared to BSCScan.

We have the CMC form complete and ready to go, the moment we finally get BSCScan updated it’s going to be sent.

6 Likes

You sir are a monster.

4 Likes

Finally BSCScan is updated. Great job Josh in your persistence!

6 Likes

FYI, CMC was applied for today. We’ve received confirmation that they received our application. Let’s see how long they take to get back to us.

7 Likes

Holy smokes - we may get the answer to wen soon.

2 Likes

CMC replied with an extremely generic denial. We’ve requested that they provide more information, as our old token is already listed on CMC and we fill the requirements for listing between the two.

Wow. Is denial a normal thing?

Extremely common if you’re trying to get listed the normal way. I.e. filling out the form and not paying to get listed via someone who claims they can get CMC listings.

1 Like

They prob send a auto denial the first time without even looking at details.

2 Likes

I’ve reached out again to CMC for an update as to why our listing was denied and/or tell us what we need to do now that we have migrated.

I’ll likely try to annoy them for another week/two and will open a new ticket if we don’t receive a response. They state they don’t want a new ticket to be opened.

7 Likes

Most likely due to low volume. I believe we were 170 bucks per 24 hour a few days ago and regularly struggle to get over the 1k mark. Our number of holders is also quite low. Coin market cap will have a minimum set of criteria to hit before listing.

Here’s our public verification post for the application to CMC: BambooDAO on Twitter: “PUBLIC VERIFICATION POST This is a verification post mandated by CMC, we have officially applied to get listed on CMC. #CMC #CoinMarketCap @CoinMarketCap” / Twitter.

Let’s see what they say this time around! Honestly, it may be good to interact with the Tweet if you’re a community member. That should help our cause if CMC reviews the Tweet.

6 Likes

Thank you for staying on top of the situation.

CMC.

1 Like

If done using the proper procedure then maybe that criteria takes place in it. But I’ve seen projects getting listed on the second day of launch causing pump and dumps without even mentioning what it took for them to do so (you can imagine what “right” path they used). Bamboo is here to stay so I’m not really worried if it takes a little bit longer.

2 Likes

Good news so far—we made it past the level one guy this time and they’ve pushed our application forward for further review. This part could take a couple of weeks, but we’re trending in the right direction for listing!

13 Likes

Great news. Thanks Josh for keeping us posted.

3 Likes

Great news. Thanks for the update.

1 Like

Are we now stuck at the level 2 guy? CMC is a joke.

We’re waiting in the queue now. In my experience, the listing can take a couple of weeks.

2 Likes